Thursday, April 8, 2010

Letters from Home Stamp Class

Letters from Home Stamp Class


Benefiting Operation Write Home



Operation Write Home is an organization that sends homemade blank cards to the military men and women serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. The Service men and women then pick up the blank cards at their unit or at the USO, free of charge, and use the cards to write home with. Having been a military wife, I know that getting a letter from your loved one deployed down range is just as important as a soldier getting a letter from home.



When: April 24, 2010 at 2:00pm-4:00 pm

Where: Buchanan Methodist Church, Texarkana

Cost: Nothing, but it would be great if you brought a snack to share.*



*This is a free class and I am asking everybody to donate their cards to Operation Write Home, but if you would like to keep a card you make, that is fine but I will charge $1 for it.





If you have questions, comments, concerns, need to reserve a seat, or need directions you can contact me (Misti) by:

Phone: (903)276-7585

Email: mistismemories@yahoo.com



Or if you would like an idea of what type of projects we will be doing:

Idea blog: mistismemories.blogspot.com



Or if you would like to order Stampin’ Up products:

mistismemories.stampinup.net.





I can’t wait to see you there!
Misti

1 comment:

  1. Hi Misti,
    Thanks for the comment on my blog :) Do you have any ideas other than announcing on your DBWS or blog about OWH events? I didn't get any response on my last event. I thought about asking to set up a table in front of WalMart for sign-up sheet. I've already asked Michaels & Hobby Lobby and they didn't allow it, although they did let me leave a flyer. I have another question as well...do you ask your attendees to bring their own cardstock, or do you provide it? It could get pretty expensive if a lot of people sign up. I just didn't know if it would be appropriate to ask...what do you think?

    ReplyDelete